06 Sep Bed & Breakfast or Half Board? What Suits you Best?
The option of B&B or Half board is a well debated topic when choosing your holiday experience, it of course comes down to personal preference and the type of holiday you are after.
There is no “right or wrong” answer to the question but we have explored the benefits of both options below. A good example of this debate is to look at two of our newest chalets in St Anton, Chalet Bluebird, which due to demand, runs on a B&B basis only. Bluebird suits B&B very well and we hope it will continue to prove as popular as it did last winter.
Chalet Sweet Little Home, our newest offering to the luxury chalet market provides us with the opportunity to wow our guests from the inside out. The outside of this chalet offers something unique, unusual and very special. Its eye-catching difference makes it the most photographed chalet in St Anton. Huge icicles hang off the roof, almost touching the floor, the outdoor hot tub and sauna make a great feature for ultimate relaxation (and hot tub parties!) Inside, we offer the “full catered experience” that Kaluma Travel has become renowned for.
The benefits are simple…
- You’re not tied down to set meal times and therefore have more chance to enjoy après ski and all that it offers.
- For foodies who love to experience different restaurants and local cuisine ,St Anton is perfect for this and has a plethora of excellent restaurants and bars
- Chalet becomes “more private” without the need for staff to be with you each afternoon and evening
- Chalet still gets cleaned and serviced daily when you are not there
- Luxury breakfasts set you up for the day ahead (and you can even take sandwiches for the slopes!)
- Still enjoy all the benefits of the driver service and our concierge
- For families with children who still might want to enjoy the odd night out our nanny service is also on hand.
- B&B can often be a more cost effective / cost sensitive option for the keen skiers
Chalet Bluebird itself is stunning, renovated in the summer of 2018 it is a luxury, cosy, home away from home. With in-house sauna and a private hot tub on the balcony and a stunning open “double lounge” this chalet is perfect to relax in the comfort of your own surroundings. The small but beautiful kitchen opens up to a bespoke wooden breakfast table where our impressive breakfasts will be laid out
A comprehensive continental buffet, hot daily specials including pancakes for the kids and of course juices and a selection of teas and coffees for an example of our menu click here.
Half Board Chalet
Again the benefits speak for themselves:
- All food and drink included in the price, no hidden costs
- Quality assured with premium spirits, wine and beer
- Private chef, presenting bespoke menus, tailored just for you
- Enjoyment of your chalet, stress free, knowing that all requirements are dealt with
- Enjoy evenings in with fine wine, good drinks and friends without feeling the need to venture into town
- The option to change your menu or meal times to suit your day ahead
- At least one night out to enjoy one of the local restaurants
- Daily housekeeping and cleaning when you re not around
- Your private staff to help you maximise the enjoyment of your holiday
- Your home away from home with private staff to care for everything, its is the epitome of luxury!
It’s a stress and trouble free holiday. You will be in the safe hands of your Kaluma staff who will make sure all your dining and drinking needs are taken care of, we can also make sure that your children’s meals are also looked after and can dine at separate times. The all inclusive drinks, minibar, means you don’t have to worry about ordering another G&T or having to work out how to get a glass of bubbles in the hot tub, we can do that for you. You get the benefit of our amazing breakfasts as well as afternoon treats cooked up by the chef, ready and waiting when you come back from the slopes. Enjoy a luxury hot chocolate and slice of cake before slipping into the sauna to relax. Canapés are served before dinner, to enjoy at leisure with a pre dinner tipple before your gourmet four-course dinner. The cheeseboard is usually taken in the living room, in front of the fire, with a full glass of red of course!
So the benefits are there for all to see. There are no hidden costs or clauses, no right or wrong choice, its simply what suits you the best and we certainly hope that we have covered all the bases and that you get to enjoy a Kaluma Holiday your way.
All our chalets can be booked on a B&B basis if that is your preference. We will always tailor the trip to your requirements.
*Only Chalet Bluebird in St Anton is exclusively Bed and Breakfast for this winter season and is already proving a very popular choice.
If we can help you with your next chalet booking, B&B or Half Board, we would love to hear from you. Our Ski Specialists await your call.