Kaluma Travel Limited (referred to as Kaluma or we or our or us) is a company registered in England under number 4783110 whose registered office address is located at Cedar Court, 5 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4AE.
Privacy is extremely important to Kaluma. We will never misuse or sell your data to anyone and will always ensure any data we hold is stored securely.
This policy explains how we use, protect and manage the information we collect. It also explains how to contact us if you have any queries about our management of, or would like to request access to, your personal information.
Kaluma is the data controller for the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation from time to time in force and is responsible for your personal data.
Collection of Personal Information
The types of information we collect include:
- identifying and contact information (for example, your name, address, phone and email address);
- if you make a booking with us, we will ask you to complete a booking form, including your contact information, and the names and (optionally) dates-of-birth for the guests in your group;
- during our preparation for your holiday, we will contact you to collect and record information about your travel arrangements, in-resort bookings and chalet preferences so your chalet team can be fully briefed and prepared;
- Where you are paying for your holiday by credit card we may utilise third party payment providers to facilitate the process. They will be the data controller with respect to the information you provide and their privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. Please read these carefully.
- If you apply for a job with us (for example sending us your CV or application form or completing an application via a job board) the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Kaluma and will be processed for the purposes of managing Kaluma’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. We may also keep records of references received from third parties and of any other communication or correspondence between you and us.
- other information with your consent or where required by law.
We will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. If we collect your personal information from a third party (typically a booking agent), we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it has obtained your consent to provide your personal information to us.
If you no longer wish to receive copies of our newsletter or promotional information you may unsubscribe by contacting us as described below. For communications sent by e-mail or other electronic means you will also be able to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe mechanism in the message itself.
If you would rather not have this information stored, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies.
Our Legitimate Business Interests
As a luxury chalet operator and organiser of luxury holidays, we are exercising a legitimate interest in collecting and retaining the personal data of our clients and suppliers so that we can organise your holiday and provide you with the services promised. We also have a legitimate business interest in sending relevant and useful information about our chalet offering and services to clients and potential clients in order to develop our products and services and grow our business.
With respect to managing our recruitment process, we have a legitimate business interest in solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your personal information for purposes connected with our delivery of your holiday. In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose personal information to other persons or organisations including:
- local in-resort service providers where you have asked us to secure a reservation or booking, such as ski schools, equipment hire, lift-pass purchase, restaurant reservations;
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
- where permitted by law, destroy or permanently de- identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes for which it was collected.
Our credit/debit card transactions are fulfilled by Global Iris. We do not process these transactions directly and do not store related information on our systems.
Access to Your Personal Information
Compatible with the GDPR we will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Kaluma is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. For details please contact the Data Protection Representative.
Under the GDPR you have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. To stop receiving marketing communications from us or change your preferences please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Withdraw consent to processing at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com
We will provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and, will take reasonable steps to amend any of your personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
If you consider a breach of the applicable privacy laws or your rights in relation to privacy has occurred, you may contact us and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.