07 Nov 10 Great ski Hotels
10 Great Ski Hotels
Again we could easily list all the hotels we work with, as they have all been handpicked by us and we are delighted to have them as partners. We have tried to pick a few of them for either personal or special reasons. All of them are stunning and in no particular order:
- Mooser Hotel, St Anton. This hotel created a real stir when it first opened and was a hotly anticipated hotel opening. It was probably the most written about hotel in the Alps 3 years ago and Kaluma were delighted to be part of their UK PR campaign. A true ski in/out hotel in St Anton, with stunning views, amazing rooms, an award winning chef and restaurant, an exquisite spa with outdoor pool (on the mountain!), fantastic attention to detail and of course right next to one of the worlds most famous après ski bars!
- Raffls St Antonerhof, St Anton. A personal favourite of Andy’s and also our most popular St Anton hotel. Luxury in everything it does, the Raffl’s have a winning formular. Attention to detail, beautiful rooms, history and tradition with a modern twist. Sublime food, excellent bar, relaxing wellness area and the most important factor….their staff. Always impeccable. Always polite, pleasant, know your name and make you feel at home and welcome at all times. Nothing is ever too much trouble here.
- Hotel Kristiania, Lech am Arlberg. This hotel gets a mention not just because I am a long time friend of the owners, the Schneider Family (Herr Ottmar Schneider was one of the first pioneers of skiing around the world) but it is a very “quirky cool” hotel. Every room is decorated differently, lavishly and luxuriously. The Pink Suite – everything is Pink! The African Suite – like being on an African safari. The Alpine Room…you get the idea. Great views, fantastic art work, the family are big collectors, a locally famous restaurant with fantastic fine dining and a “Gentleman’s Snug” downstairs for those wanting an open fire, big leather chairs and cigars. Always welcoming and always friendly!
- Art-Hotel Elizabeth, Ischgl. This hotel deserves a mention for several reasons. Firstly, its location, right at the foot of the slopes and right next to a lift station. Secondly it has the Schatzi Bar right underneath…one of the best après ski bars in Ischgl. Thirdly it is twinned with The Hotel Madeline, home of the Pasha nightclub and great parties in Ischgl. Not to mention the huge size of the rooms and suites, the luxury is astonishing, everything in the room is run from an Ipad style console you carry around with you. The pool and wellness centre is on top floor of the hotel allowing for amazing views of the slopes and mountain. In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Ischgl that tick all the boxes you want from this lively, exciting resort.
- Hospiz Hotel, St Christoph. I have to mention this one, as I got married here! What a perfect spot. “Almost” ski in/ski out – you just have to cross the road! Big hotel, traditional hotel and home of the famous Arlberg Brotherhood. A beautiful chapel on one side sits above one of the oldest, cave like wine cellars you could ever wish to see. Amazing setting and amazing wine, coupled with 3 different choices of restaurants for the evening dinner, as well as a chefs table – a truly special experience. Delightful mi of rooms and suites, a huge roaring fire in the large bar and lobby area and a 2000sqm spa and wellness centre to relax and unwind! True luxury in this amazing 5 star hotel.
- Le Cheval Blanc, Courchevel 1850. Owned by the chairman of Louis Vuitton Moet & Hennecy group this hotel oozes luxury thanks to its designer interior mixed with a Savoie style, as well as boasting an excellent ski in/out location amongst the trees on the Jardin Alpin piste. If you really want bling in Courchevel, this hotel really does it very very well. Its brash, its bold and its mighty expensive, but it will blow you away!
- Hotel Le Lana, Courchevel 1850. This was added by Kelly, in the office, as she loves this hotel. They are so good to work with, so friendly and the feedback from guests could not be any better. Impeccable service, excellent staff, superb food and an understated luxury which is quite a rarity for Courchevel!
- La Bouitte, St Martin de Belleville. An incredible hotel, restaurant and spa that only has 8 individually designed suites and a wonderfully unique feel thanks to its rustic Savoyard farmhouse style throughout. Not just a hotel, it has one of the most fantastic restaurants with a beautiful sun terrace. With 2 michelin stars and a tasting menu that will blow you away, this is a great destination lunch spot as well, where those in the know will have a late lunch and get a helicopter back to Courchevel! However, to stay here would be divine – exclusive luxury accommodation with a magnificent restaurant with access to the whole of the 3 Valley Skiing!
- The W Hotel, Verbier. Any hotel that can be built at the foot of the mountain, a snowball throw from the lifts and can actually get the piste re-routed to finish in its courtyard right by the après ski umbrella deserves a mention in our book. Finished with true W style flare, it houses an impressive spa, several restaurants, a nightclub and bars and an array of room and suite selections that leaves you spoilt for choice – and quite possibly watering at the eyes with one of the most expesive suites that we know – the E Wow Suite! Wow indeed!
- The Omnia, Zermatt. With a one-of-a-kind location in Zermatt, stunning interior design, fine cuisine, breathtaking mountain views and fabulous wellness facilities, the Omnia offers the ultimate contemporary interpretation of the traditional mountain lodge. So cleverly done that you almost don’t notice the luxury that surrounds you. A rustic luxury with a dramatic twist….the entrance! The hotel perches on a rock in the center of town and the entrance takes you in through a tunnel, up an elevator through the rock face and into the loby…so very James Bond! Coupled with the beauty of Zermatt, the Matterhorn and the fabulous ski and cuisine, this hotel and this resort deserve a special mention!