17 Oct Our Top 10 Resort Bars
Top 10 Bars (in no particular order)
Again with our 10 years of Kaluma theme here is a list that could go on and on and on as there are so many bars; live music bars, nightclubs, great wine bars, local hideaways that we have enjoyed over the years – however we have narrowed it down to the bars that we think work for all the right reasons.
- Raffls Bar, St Anton. Home of the best cocktails in the area. Excellent bar staff who can really pump up the volume and start a party when the mood is right. Princess B and DJ Mexx ready to welcome you with a wink and a smile and some very strong drinks! Otherwise it’s a very civilised hotel bar where the Porn Star martinis are to die for.
- Krazy Kanguruh, St Anton. One of the must visit bars if in the Arlberg. The acclaimed “birthplace of après ski”, this bar is everything you imagine an après ski bar in St Anton to be. Loud, pumping cheesy tunes, dancing on tables, shots galore and a great great time guaranteed.
- The Farinet, Verbier. When you can’t decide whether you want a cocktail in front of an open fire or to dance on the bar in your ski boots, head to the Farinet. The owners couldn’t decide if they wanted racous or gentile, so they did both and partitioned the room with a huge glass wall. It works on both sides of the room. Live music, Hedkandi, burlesque and general excess … it’s all there. Bravo.
- Mooserwirt, St Anton. The other must visit bar in St Anton. The Mooserwirt used to be a cattle shed and over the years has turned into a buzzing, vibrant, exciting anything goes bar. Great food as well loud tunes and the infamous singing DJ Gerhard.
- Le Rouge, Verbier. Select a sunny day. Arrive by 16:00 and you may even find a seat. Order a magnum of rosé and wait. Within minutes you will be surrounded by the beautiful crowd.
- Schatzi Bar, Ischgl. Apres ski with a modern twist. Scantily clad dirndl wearing ladies dance on the bar to modern tunes and dance music, mixed with some local Austrian tunes, while you dance, the bar staff are setting the ceiling on fire and flaring with the cocktails. Fun fun fun at the foot of the slopes.
- The White Bar, Cheval Blanc, Courchevel 1850. This exquisitely sophisticated bar offers design from the best of the uber stylish team at LVMH. Enjoy vintage champagne or one of their fabulous cocktails. Their handmade Mongolian Yurt is now a private cigar lounge. A bar for those that don’t care what it costs and a great place to discuss geopolitics or the most family friendly private jet for ski trips. !
- Mondschein Bar, Stuben am Alrberg. A surprise for many people I’m sure but a great bar if you are in Stuben and a fun destination if you want something different. Attached to the Hotel Monndschein, you can mix with the locals and guests alike. Sample the local home made schnapps’, taste excellent wine from a very impressive wine cellar or sip away at local beer, all while enjoying some good live music or a game of “nails” with the locals.
- The Balm Alpe, Lech. A great daytime drinking bar at the top of the mountain in Lech, above the little village of Zug on the white circle ski route. Sun loungers, a huge decked terrace, awesome table sized pizzas for all to graze on compliment the stunning views from this chic mountain top restaurant bar. Its all about bottles of bubbles and magnums of rose to the chilled Ibiza style tunes of the lice DJ. Be careful though….its a long ski back!
- Fer a Cheval, Verbier. A no nonsense ‘skier’s bar’. It’s just a lovely bar, full of lovely people. Surely that’s qualifies as one of the ‘best’? No posing and you could rub shoulders with anyone from locals to royals.