17 Oct The Insiders’ Guide to Courchevel
Are you always on the lookout for those ‘hidden gems’ when it comes to your holiday? Those insider secrets not featured in the guidebooks? Those recommendations from ‘those in the know’?
With over 20 years of knowledge, experience and friends made in Courchevel, we have built up an impressive bank of knowledge to create the ultimate ‘Insiders Guide to Courchevel’ to what to do, see and eat in this stunning resort.
Courchevel really does have an enviable reputation as the most skiable place on earth. It has Savoyard charm in abundance, views to melt away life’s stress, and pistes made to measure by the ski gods.
Nowhere else has such easy access to pistes that are as flattering or as challenging as your mood desires. The way the pistes connect to each other, and how well the lift system works is miraculous.
- Le Cospillot for wooded, chocolate box beauty and the kids will love the ’secret’ jumps through the trees.
- Combe de Pillon for a solo blast down a steep black that always seems to have great snow.
- For amazing off piste Le Creux Noir bowl is well worth the 10 minute walk to access the fresh tracks on a bluebird day.
Food & Drink:
- A hot chocolate at the Chabottée would definitely be in the top 5 on the global hot chocolate chart
- Mint tea at the Cheval Blanc, just because it’s at the Cheval Blanc
- A quiet beer at La Saulire, it’s the chilled tall glasses or maybe the home made crisps that make it extra special
- Pizza doesn’t get any better than those at the Centre, although the owner is definitely an acquired taste!
- For meat lovers you must head to Le Bistro du Praz; perfectly cooked meat with a hefty bordeaux… utter perfection
- Earn air miles at Le Mangeoire – a fuzzy head and some odd photos on your phone will be almost enough to distract you from the crazy bill you find in your wallet the next morning. Almost…..
- For the ultimate special occasion, you must go to Le Chabichou; with michelin stars galore, it is the absolute finest of fine dining.
Best View from a Bathtub:
The best view from any bathtub in the alps has to be from the master bedroom in the Chalet Montana in Courchevel 1850. Through toes and bath bubbles, the sun setting on the Dent du Villard paints the famous ridge a glorious pink hue. Add some bath salts, a glass of champagne and the bedroom fireplace crackling away in the background and this really is life at its very best!
You’ve heard of ski in / ski out, well, boots in / boots out is the natural 5 star upgrade. Every morning, skis laid on the snow, pointing down the piste , poles planted , ready to clip in and go. That’s the Courchevel way.
- Tobogganing is a simple and fun way of tiring kids out. The new 3km floodlit run in 1650 takes tobogganing to a new level however! It is guaranteed to be a big hit with the younger Courchevel visitors, and is a superb addition to the resort.
- The climbing walls at Aquamotion are great and very safe action packed activity for the adventurous little monkeys.
And to hear these insider secrets first hand, you must head to Bar du Vin for some Fois gras tapas and a bottle of wine from the extensive cellar with the locals.