02 Sep St Christoph and the Arlberg1800 Chalet Suites
Stunning, new luxury chalet suites at 1800 meters in St Christoph am Arlberg
Why would you travel to the Arlberg and stay in St Christoph?
This is a question that many people have asked us in the past. There is a well rehearsed and practised answer to the question, however, the reasons to travel to this stunning alpine village just got better!
The usual benefits of staying in St Christoph haven’t changed:
- Beautiful, small village in the Arlberg, steeped with history and tradition
- Home of the fantastic Arlberg Hospiz, one of the oldest and most luxurious hotels in the Alps, with a superb, colourful history and back story
- Home of the Austrian National Ski Academy for Ski Instructors
- You can pretty much ski to the front door of all the hotels and apartments in the village
- You are no more then 1 – 2 minutes (maximum) from a lift; be it the main chair lift or the smaller T-Bars and drag lifts
- You have direct access to the whole St Anton ski area
- You are pretty much right on the doorstep of the bus stop to take you to Stuben, Zurs or Lech when you venture a little further afield.
- Of course – the home of the now famous Hospiz Alm on the side of the slopes and it’s renowned ‘Worlds Biggest, Big Bottled Wine Cellar’!
Yes St Christoph is quiet and small, kind of like “blink and you miss it” small and it doesn’t have the lively bars or nightlife at all compared with the big brother of St Anton, just five minutes in a taxi further down the valley. But, that is the charm of this village. Once a rest for the travellers coming or going over the Arlberg Pass, the Hospiz was the refuge where you could lay your head. Today, the Hospiz has become one of the most famous hotels in the Alps; the perfect place to rest your head after a hard days skiing around the Arlberg. You can enjoy the immaculate 2000sqm. luxury wellness area in the ‘Hospiz 2000 Spa’, an oasis in the middle of the mountains with pools, plunge pools, jacuzzi bubbles, steam rooms, saunas, massage and treatments. You will be wanting for nothing – a tired travelling skier, looking for some luxury!
If you want the après ski and the excitement that the Arlberg has become famous for, then you need look no further than St Anton. Take a 5 -8 mins taxi ride and you can have all the nightlife you like. You can start the party on the slopes at 16:00 and dance your boots off until 20:00 at one of the many world-renowned après ski bars, then get your hotel taxi back to St Christoph to enjoy the rest of the evening in pure luxury and relaxation. You can choose to eat in one of many restaurants offered by the Hospiz alone: half board options, a la carte stuberls, the chefs table, the ski club restaurant and of course the Hospiz Alm and a tour of their wonderful wine cellar.
All this and two more delightful added benefits….
- The new lift hub at Alpe Rauz, connects the whole of the Arlberg for the first time ever, putting St Christoph right at the heart of the Arlberg. It will take only four minutes on the ski bus or in a cab from the Hospiz hotel and you are at the new lifts, taking you quickly and smoothly to the top of Stuben, cutting out the always cold and old two man chairlifts to the top. Look in the other direction and the high speed cable car takes you to the top of the Trittkopf in Zurs and giving you ski access to the famous White Ring connecting Lech and Zurs. With the whole of the Arlberg now connected, you really will welcome the spa and relaxation if you take on the challenge of the Run of Fame linking all resorts together…
- The arlberg1800 Luxury Chalet Suites. A collection of the most amazing 17 individual suites you will ever come across. All individually designed and decorated, no two suites are even close to being the same. With in-room saunas and steam rooms, some with built in bunk beds (ideal for families), high ceilings, full kitchens, snugs and movie rooms, big beds, wine cellars and lots of bespoke designer furniture, the suites offer the ultimate in luxury surroundings. The fixtures and fittings leave you wanting nothing more other than to move in and live there full time!
With access to the spa and wellness centre at the Hospiz Hotel as well as full use of the hotel’s bar and lounge facilities (if you really want to leave your own private lap of luxury), you can combine the privacy of your own suite with the facilities of a five star hotel. The suites are connected by an underground tunnel directly to the hotel reception.
If all that wasn’t enough, underneath, dug underground and completed to an incredibly high standard is the Concert Hall and Gallery. With musical events, operas, live performances, balls, parties, launches, screenings , presentations and galleries, this facility will not cease to amaze you in its concept and design. A full year round programme of events compliments this unique building at 1800 meters above sea level.
Kaluma are delighted to be working so closely with our partners at the Hospiz hotel and the owners of the arlberg1800 suites and can offer all the suites at a range of prices throughout the whole season.
The on-site ski hire from our partners at Intersport, location only 30 seconds to the lifts, the possibility to ski back to the front door (almost) and your own Kaluma concierge on hand to help arrange everything for you, make for the perfect place to spend a family holiday or a private getaway.
That’s why you’d travel to St Christoph!