09 Oct Winter is fast approaching…..are you booked up?
With the countdown to the winter season most definitely ticking, it is less then 6 weeks until resorts start to open and lifts start to run! Snow is forecast across the Alps already, which can only be a god sign?
At Kaluma Travel we are gearing up for a busy one. We have some exciting additions and some new favourites on the website now, as well as the launch of a new site we are very proud about.
1. Verbier. We are all excited about Verbier. We have worked there in the past but are delighted to be expanding our operation in this fantastic resort. We visited the resort several times this summer and were very impressed (and there wasnt even any snow!) Our new Chalet Maurine has probably THE BEST location in Verbier, to truly enjoy all the resort has to offer. Just minutes (literally less then 2) from the Medran lift and with the bars and restaurants right on your doorstep, there is no better private chalet to stay in that offers such a good location. It also has that all important hot tub on the balcony, adding a classic touch to this luxury chalet!
The W Hotel is going to offer something new an exciting to this resort. A trendy, cool and funky place to stay, the philosophy is on having a good time with exceptional levels of service. Any hotel that gets the piste re-routed to finish in its courtyard must be something special! We had a good look around and were impressed, especially with the E WOW suites, fetching 10,000 CHF per night! What a place. Very proud to be partners with this stunning property.
2. Heli-Skiing has always been a dream for a lot of skiers and in the Arlberg, Courchevel and Verbier it is more affordable then alot of people think. As long as the guide is sure ou are good enough and you can cope in some fresh powder, it is an experience you will never forget. For those ready to venture further afield, then our heli-skiing in British Columbia should not be missed!! All that you need to do is spend 4 minutes to watch the BC Heli Video and you will be hooked! We’re ready and waiting for your call….
3. Our new and updated staff page can be seen under About Us, lightens the mood a bit in the office!
4. The Elite Collection is a new site launched by us all here at Kaluma Travel. We have picked some of the best and most expensive chalets and suites, as well as few of our favourites, in the resorts that we cover and specialise in. Not only are they stunning, they are also pretty expensive. Rest assured, the service, the quality, the food and drink are all luxurious in every way!
5. Kaluma Resort Staff are almost there for the season. We have a few vacancies for 2 chefs and 1 rep/manager. Also may still be looking for a host who can cook breakfasts for Courchevel. All info is on our site, if you follow the click through.
Exciting times but busy times ahead. So we look forward to helping as many of you ski as possible this coming winter!
Equally exciting is the thought of the Office Christmas Party. Sadly, we don’t all get the chance to enjoy the hospitality of Christmas in our chalets, The Montfort, The Maurine and the Maisonnee’s, but we do get to enjoy a bit of Christmas cheer…past years have seen michelin restaurants, pub dinners, posh lunches, all with the christmas crackers and paper hats…(wouldnt be Xmas dinner otherwise). The difference, it is usually in October! So let the winter commence!