Resort Manager, Courchevel 1850
We are recruiting an experienced Resort Operations Manager to oversee all aspects of Kaluma Ski’s resort operations in Courchevel 1850.
This a unique and exciting recruitment opportunity for someone looking for potential career progression within a dynamic and exclusive ski chalet and alpine events company. The position offers resort autonomy and real responsibility, whilst receiving full operational and administrative support from Kaluma’s experienced Operations team.
Whilst you can expect to work hard, the correct candidate will benefit from an industry leading salary along with comprehensive benefits package including quality accommodation and a full area ski pass. We offer a modulated contract with, where possible, two days off per week.
We are looking for a driven individual, who loves a challenge, the luxury hospitality industry, and most importantly has the desire to impress and exceed expectations. In return we offer the chance to spend your season in one of the worlds leading ski destinations.
The correct candidate will be responsible for all resort operations, divided into four sub headings; Staff Management, Guest Relations, Resort Logistics, and Resort Accounts.
- Undertake staff training alongside Kaluma’s wider management team.
- Ensure that Kaluma’s service standards are maintained throughout the season, ensuring the delivery of luxury holidays.
- Prioritise and ensure the resort teams’ welfare throughout the period of their secondment
- Act as first point of call to resort staff with any work-related issues.
- Responsibility to conduct disciplinary proceedings
- To understand and comply with employment guidelines, dictated by French employment and EU secondment laws.
- Manage clean, efficient, cost effective chalets.
- Write weekly resort-wide rotas, adhering to set working hours and consulting the ever-changing weekly guest routine.
- Organising staff and guest transportation
- Ensuring resort orders are placed and stock delivered
- Act as the face of the company in Courchevel 1850, welcoming Kaluma’s guests and ensuring they have the holiday of a lifetime.
- Manage bookings through the company database
- Conduct Kaluma’s unique pre-arrival concierge service for guests.
- Arrange group ski-school and private ski tuition, using our nominated ski-school providers.
- Assist guests with ski hire requests and offer in store assistance at boot fittings.
- Organise resort transfers for guests’ arrivals and departures.
- Responsibility for all resort expenditure, including card and petty cash spend, chalet budgets and invoicing.
- The recording of guests in-resort expenditure and processing guests payments
- Completing in-resort financial paperwork.
- Minimum age of 25 years
- Resort Management experience ideally with other luxury ski tour operators or relevant industry
- A background in high-end hospitality or hotel services, with an exacting eye for detail.
- A desire to deliver a luxury product and work in a professional environment
- Proficient French Language skills
- Full clean driving license