10 Apr Job Vacancy: Ski Specialist Sales Executives
Kaluma are looking to recruit two new Ski Specialist Sales Executives.
Working in a small and well trained team you will become part of the “Kaluma family”. Working alongside the Directors, the Managers and the Overseas Team you will be responsible for a wide range of duties and trained in all aspects of the role over your time with us. Our aim is to find someone loyal and integral to the company to grow with us over the course of the next few years.
You will be hard working, diligent, a multi-tasker and a strong team player. You will have a strong eye for detail and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You will be prepared to learn quickly and represent our brand throughout all aspects of the job role.
Key Requirements of the Role
Leisure & Corporate Sales
- Advising customers on Kaluma Travel products and bespoke services: finding the most suitable options based on each clients personal requests.
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries & turning them into confirmed bookings/sales.
- Putting quotes together and maximising profitability and commission rates, such packages include room reservations in hotels/chalets, sourcing flights and booking transfers.
- Additional requests such as itineraries and alternative travel (helicopter transfers etc.), advising on après ski & restaurants etc. will also be common place.
- Maintaining a good link with overseas resort managers so they can book local services once confirmed through UK office.
- Constant database management, to ensure all client information is updated every time you liaise with guests.
- Developing a good knowledge of all of Kaluma’s resorts, hotels and chalets.
- Developing good working relationships with hoteliers and reservations managers.
- Developing a good sales technique & learning how to price according to budget and availability
- Providing first class customer service from enquiry stage to closure of the sale & maintaining a good follow up rapport.
- Troubleshooting any client queries & complaints.
- Dealing with Agents & other types of non-direct sales.
- Dealing with corporate ski trip enquiries and bookings from initial contact through every part of process up until point of travel.
- Dealing with all last minute changes etc.
- Putting together suitable tailor-made itineraries, conference arrangements etc.
- Actively working on developing new business contacts.
- Flights: Liaising with agents and suppliers to acquire the best flights and managing subsequent payments and ticketing.
- Administrative areas include gaining pro-forma’s on confirmation, invoicing clients, receipts, cover letters, processing payments etc.
As well as the above mentioned responsibilities you may be asked to help out with other office based duties or to help represent the company as and when deemed appropriate. This could be in road shows, trade shows, meetings and events or travel abroad for resort trips and functions. We will be committed to on-going training, product and brand awareness.
We would encourage forward and creative thinkers who are interested and keen for input into marketing and social media campaigns.
Key Skills and Experience
Sales experience is preferential
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
A knowledge of the ski industry or at least a keen skier / boarder
Understand and learn the demands and needs of our discerning clients
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all administration tasks undertaken
Have an interest in the luxury travel market (preferred not essential)
The ability to work under pressure and multi task
The full package is available upon request but will include but not limited to:
- Resort travel and FAM trips.
- An end of season “holiday” in the alps.
- A competitive basic salary.
- A comprehensive bonus structure / payment.
- Up to 22 days holiday per working year (taken between May – September).
- A pension scheme.