Sales & Marketing Manager, East Meon, Hampshire
We are looking to employ a new Sales and Marketing Manager to join our small, dedicated team in the UK. Based in our East Meon office you will be responsible for running the small sales team. As a manager in a small, boutique company you will be involved in all aspects of the sales and marketing side of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have a proven track record of sales success, ideally in the ski or travel industry.
- A working knowledge of current marketing trends, including digital and social media
- Previous management experience (preferred but not essential)
- A knowledge of and experience of the ski industry
- Previous luxury travel experience
- Great attention to detail
- Customer service orientated
- Driven to succeed, to sell and to help guests enjoy the best possible luxury holiday experience
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Dealing with enquiries that come into the office via phone, email, website, and live chat.
- Sourcing suitable hotels/chalets, sending out detailed offers, chasing up enquiries and closing sales
- Selling ski trips to private and corporate clients. Managing this whole process from start to finish
- Working with sales agents and maintaining positive relationships
- Sales training with agents
- Generating sales reports and reviewing performance
- Setting chalet prices for the season ahead
- End of season reports and reviews on sales performance
- Responsible for the organisation of large corporate events. Sourcing suitable locations, making travel arrangements, creating an itinerary to suit their group requirements, booking restaurants, ski instructors, ski hire etc., processing all booking admin, liaising with hotel and resort team if required to ensure smooth running of trip
- Booking flights and travel arrangements for guests
- Responsible for the database, making sure it is being used correctly, dealing with any issues and suggesting any updates required. Complete understanding of this system is crucial.
- Systems training for resort staff – primarily database management and card payment processing
- Maintaining relationships with hotels across our key resorts
- Exploring new resorts and properties in order to grow the company
- Sales strategies for new summer and winter products
- Extensive product and resort knowledge
- Paying invoices and checking for incoming payments
- Creating a marketing schedule for the season ahead
- Working with a specialist to update social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Pinterest
- Copy writing; new pages for the website, blog posts, social media posts and newsletters
- PR – to get Kaluma featured in press and online publications
- Liaising with SEO specialist to discuss plans, implement changes and monitor web based activity
- Networking at relevant ski/travel events or trade shows
- Promoting last minute availability and responding to news/resort information/snow reports etc. Keeping current and update
- Creatively using new ideas and exciting marketing opportunities
- Helping to launch a new summer product
We are now taking CV’s and looking to interview as soon as possible. The job offers a near immediate start and a competitive package for the right candidate.
In order to apply or for full details of the package, please send you CV and covering note to [email protected] and [email protected]